Suggested readings and archived documents of interest to PBL Faculty, Researchers, and others
Visit the PBL Hawaii site for additional resources
- Bareiss, Ray, Developing a Story-Centered Curriculum (pdf), Carnegie Mellon West.
The essence of the process for creating Story-Centered courses.
- Bareiss, Ray, Notes on Coaching/Mentoring/Tutoring (pdf), Carnegie Mellon West. February 3, 2004.
A presentation on Best Practices in mentoring.
- Hmelo-Silver, Cindy E., Collaborative Ways of Knowing: Issues in Facilitation (pdf).Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey.
An analysis of the goals and strategies of expert facilitators in Problem Based Learning classrooms.
- Schank, Roger C., Teaching and Testing in the Modern World (pdf). Carnegie Mellon West.
A discussion on defining and measuring “success” in teaching.
- Situated Cognition & Cognitive Apprenticeships (pdf)
A discussion of the learning theories behind Story-Based Curriculum, situated learning environments, and apprenticeships.
Teaching,Technology, & Distance Learning
update in process…
- Evaluation Report 2009-2010
- Brooks BIP Syllabus 2009
- Fitting PBL into Technical Courses
- Innovo Engineering: Search and Rescue Robot
- Innovo Engineering: Structural Collapse
- Innovo Engineering: Facilitating the Classroom Experience
- QuickSoft Instructors Guide
- GreenHealth Instructor’s Guide v.3a
- BioInformatics Internship Program Instructors Guide
- SBL Webinar 2/9/2010 Document
- DSBL Webinar Document
- Interactive Forum Meeting Students Powerpoint
- Yarnall Ostrander Chapter Final PDF
- Assessment Reflection Toolkit 11/06/2009 PDF
- PADI Executive Report Summary PDF
- PADI Report Package PDF
- Introduction to Scenario Based Learning, Gray, 12/2010